Carter Spx?

Carter Bros / A.C.E. and Ken-Bar Fun-Carts & Buggies

Carter Spx?

Postby Trident1974 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:58 am

Greetings all:

In a quest for some parts to help my son build a go-cart we acquired a Carter SPX. I'm not sure if that is the model but that's what the label on the floor pan says and the cart looks exactly like BlackScorpion's cart in this thread.

I am wondering if anybody here knows of good sources for manuals and other parts for such a cart.

The drive train was mostly disassembled but I think I've found substantially all of the parts among the ice and leaves in the floor pan. I got the engine running but it sounds like it needs a good carb cleaning to keep running.

Does anybody here know if there is a fuel shutoff valve or fuel filter anywhere on the Tecumseh engine? I haven't been able to find one and those are two fuel system components no machine should be without.

In any event we will continue to tinker with our new toy when the sun comes back up.
Trident1974

Postby TADAKARTCO1027 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi,
I've actually had one of those and it's an spx.
I don't think there's a fuel shutoff line....almost positive there isn't one.
Make sure to grease up the 4 grease fittings on the front suspension (grease gun), it really improves the ride.
TADAKARTCO1027
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 am

TADAKARTCO1027 wrote:Hi,
I've actually had one of those and it's an spx.
I don't think there's a fuel shutoff line....almost positive there isn't one.
Make sure to grease up the 4 grease fittings on the front suspension (grease gun), it really improves the ride.

I don't recall seeing a shutoff valve, Like Tada said grease the 4 fittings, the carb cleaning is simple, you might want to check on EBAY for parts they were kinda hard to find.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Carter/ACE & Ken-Bar Go-Carts Buggies