New to the Kart world and need help.....

Carter Bros / A.C.E. and Ken-Bar Fun-Carts & Buggies

New to the Kart world and need help.....

Postby blindskydiver » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi guys, I just bought an A.C.E. Pilot 250 for my kids. They are starting to get bored with it and I need to get alittle more speed out of it. What should I do? Are these things governed at all? I don't mind the top end which with me in it is about 40-44 mph. but, the bottom end is sooooo guttless. I think it would be a blast if it had more torque starting out. What can I do? Any help would be appreciated...

By the way, are these a decent cart???? Or are they a turd???

Thanks in advance for the help.
A.C.E. Pilot 250..... Now how do I make it fast??????
blindskydiver

Postby BlackScorpion » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Blind, Welcome to GKRU. You came to the right place for Mod questions. Unfortunately, I still new to the go kart thing. But i can guaranteed you, one our members will have an answer for you.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby blindskydiver » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:34 pm

I love these forums. People r always soooooo helpful. I always like it when I know something and have a chance to help someone.
blindskydiver

for more torque

Postby bigbuggy » Thu May 21, 2009 9:06 pm

what engine deos the kart have on it
bigbuggy

Postby The tech guy » Fri May 22, 2009 5:13 am

After doing some looking around. ( I dont know Carters) I would ask you one thing, Is it new? You could upgrade your CDI to a high output cdi. If its a used one, your CVT belt may be worn. check your throttle cable, to see if it may have stretched any. Snug it up. Even from the factory there just put in and not really adsjusted well.If you get the slack out of it you will have better throttle response= more speed.If you need more help I'll do my best, like I said I dont know Carters
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby smgs92 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:51 am

you can do the basics torque pipes air filters and such for abit more torque im assuming you dont want them to be flying around but if you do you could always see about getting the head bored performance ngk sparkplug lightweight flywheel aluminum piston head

theres many different mods you can do to get more speed and torque it just depends you said its for your kids so im assuming you want them to have abit more fun but still be safe so id say torque pipe robertson torque pipes are great air filter id suggest a uni as its cheaper than k&n and just fine great quality aand the ngk sparkplug maybe a new cdi rejetting and different tooth sprockets thats prolly the most i would do for kids
yerf-dog 3202, manco silver fox, custom go-kart, custom truck go-kart, 1970 CZ 125cc racing dirtbike
smgs92
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby bigbuggy » Fri May 22, 2009 5:53 pm

lol thats what i was going to suggest just didnt want him to get over his head exhaust air filter and posibly a gear change and if its used just replace some of the old parts if it has a governer on it i would not take it off just adjust it for max rpm and replace the springs on the governer they can wear out and kill power hope this helps
bigbuggy

Postby bigbuggy » Fri May 22, 2009 6:04 pm

ohh and to answer your other question they are not a turd they are a great kart made in alabama great parts support and last forever ive hd mine for about 3 years and put it through anything and everything u could imagine and the engine just went out so im rebuilding the kart in my imo they are great.
bigbuggy

Postby blindskydiver » Tue May 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanx for all the info. Yeah, like I said it is for the kids (mostly), so for now I'll just maybe try the pipe and air, maybe have my buddy lok at the carb and adjust everything.

Is there anything that I should take special care of on this machine? Any known problem areas. Other than regular greasing and oil changes.

Thanks again everyone for all the help!
blindskydiver

Postby bigbuggy » Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 pm

hmm not that i know of just the regular maintaning and greasing if u have a belt drive torque converter check and clean those parts regularly and use a dry lube on the torque converter parts that need lubeing
bigbuggy

Postby smgs92 » Wed May 27, 2009 2:01 pm

belt torque convertor spindles basically all the bolts and a few other things
yerf-dog 3202, manco silver fox, custom go-kart, custom truck go-kart, 1970 CZ 125cc racing dirtbike
smgs92
Superior Being
Superior Being

Return to Carter/ACE & Ken-Bar Go-Carts Buggies