Best place to buy/order parts-Manco helix???

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

Best place to buy/order parts-Manco helix???

Postby Dizzle79 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:58 pm

I was recently given a 2007 150cc Manco Helix. I need to find brake pads for it but dont know where to get them or exactly what kind I need. Id also eventually like to get some parts to make it faster. Id like suggestions for upgrades that are easy do and also affordable. What is going to give me the most power for the least cost? Its in great shape and has been mostly garage kept. I have no idea how many hours are on it but it sat for a year before i got it. I emptied and cleaned the gas tank and cleaned the air filter up before i even tried to start it. Checked the oil and it was full and clean. It started up almost immediately. Anybody know what something like this is worth? If you have suggestions for brake pads or other upgrades please be specific (I dont know much about these things) and give me sites or dealers where I can buy/order the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
Dizzle79

Ride: Fox Helix

Re: Best place to buy/order parts-Manco helix???

Postby BlackScorpion » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Dizzle79 wrote:I was recently given a 2007 150cc Manco Helix. I need to find brake pads for it but dont know where to get them or exactly what kind I need. Id also eventually like to get some parts to make it faster. Id like suggestions for upgrades that are easy do and also affordable. What is going to give me the most power for the least cost? Its in great shape and has been mostly garage kept. I have no idea how many hours are on it but it sat for a year before i got it. I emptied and cleaned the gas tank and cleaned the air filter up before i even tried to start it. Checked the oil and it was full and clean. It started up almost immediately. Anybody know what something like this is worth? If you have suggestions for brake pads or other upgrades please be specific (I dont know much about these things) and give me sites or dealers where I can buy/order the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Well you can start right here, use this Contact Form, they should be able to help you with your questions. As for upgrades, You can rejet the carb and do a muffler upgrade and add a Uni filter. You can also do a performance DC-powered CDI upgrade, which can be purchased from here Or change the 32-t to 39-t axle sprocket available. Go with 12g sliders and a yellow 1500 RPM torque mainspring behind the clutch for better performance without losing top end speed. Question is How much do you want to spend and how BAD do you want that buggy to be?
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies