Help!!! Silver Fox has no power

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

Help!!! Silver Fox has no power

Postby Win6798 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:40 am

My son has a Silver fox with Subaru 6.5. Engine runs fine. Problem is no power . Here is what I have for info. When I run cart with rear off ground on jack stands everything works fine when but when on ground with my 80lb son it will not function. To date I have cleaned and replaced the torque converter weight, cleaned and adjusted drive pulley setting at number three hole and replaced belt. The cart ran last spring....when it started failing it was jerking when you would take off. Any ideas? I'm not giving up but I'm nearing the end of my patients with this unit......
Win6798

Ride: Manco silver fox

Re: Help!!! Silver Fox has no power

Postby BlackScorpion » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:46 pm

Win6798 wrote:My son has a Silver fox with Subaru 6.5. Engine runs fine. Problem is no power . Here is what I have for info. When I run cart with rear off ground on jack stands everything works fine when but when on ground with my 80lb son it will not function. To date I have cleaned and replaced the torque converter weight, cleaned and adjusted drive pulley setting at number three hole and replaced belt. The cart ran last spring....when it started failing it was jerking when you would take off. Any ideas? I'm not giving up but I'm nearing the end of my patients with this unit......

Hi Win6798, welcome to GoKarts R Us, How's the Carburetor? Have you been maintaining it? Since it seems you done pretty much the proper maintenance on Torque Converter. Was the belt you replaced it the same type that was on there? Just trying to figure out where to start.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby Win6798 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:57 pm

Yes same belt. Not a comet belt but a replacement same number. If I didnt mention it is a model 30 comet
Win6798

Postby Win6798 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:58 pm

I'm starting to think maybe I'm not getting enough RPM.....
Win6798

Postby BlackScorpion » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:49 pm

Win6798 wrote:I'm starting to think maybe I'm not getting enough RPM.....

I was just thinking the the same, since it seems to run ok with no weight on it. How's the air filter on that kart? sometimes they clog up and make the kart run like crap. Also have you tried adjusting the spring on the TC for more tension? And if you haven't yet upgrade to the yellow spring for a little more torque. just some suggestions, since i don't know what you have done to the kart.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby Win6798 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 pm

I cleaned the filter, I bought a new TC weight and it had the stock blue springs. I backed off the the driven clutch spring half a turn and it improved but still wouldn't move 215lb body on a slight incline. The spring was set one the no.1 hole and I moved it to the no. 3 hole since we have rolling fields to ride in.
Win6798

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies