Manco Thunderbird - what year is mine based on serial/model/

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

Manco Thunderbird - what year is mine based on serial/model/

Postby bpjacobsen » Tue May 23, 2023 9:35 pm

Greetings! I stumbled upon a curbside freebie recently right around the corner from my house. A Manco thunderbird. About $25 bucks ($20 for a new carburetor on Amazon and 4 something for a spark plug) later and I was riding it around today. Runs like a champ. Just had to dump out bad gas, replace fuel filter (got a bunch in a drawer in garage) replace the carb, and take the real wheel off to re-bead and inflate using a tie down. (prob coulda done it without removing) What a blast. I'm a 51 yr old on a kids minibike. lol but it really goes! Was pleasantly surprised at how fast this thing is for only 4 hp and it gets up a grass hill no problem! So anyway, I'm curious what year this thing is from?

Model # is 594B-0
Serial # is 1049118

I believe this is 126cc?

I took the silly plastic head light cover thingy off the front as I like the look better without it.
Also, missing the cover that goes on the left side over the chain. any way to get that part anywhere?
Lastly, it would appear there should be some sorta rod that connects between the rear suspension sprints as there is a hole on both sides but nothing in them and it sorta wobbles a bit in the back since it seems the only thing holding the seat in place in the rear are the suspension springs. Anyone know how to fix that or is this the design of it. kinda annoying so I plan to see if I can concoct something to secure from moving left and right a bit.

Lastly lastly, why am I not able to attach a photo of it? It keeps saying the file is too large even though I am creating it from a small screenshot of it out of powerpoint? It stands to reason I should be able to attach one pic?

Cheers!
bpjacobsen

Ride: Manco Thunderbird

Re: Manco Thunderbird - what year is mine based on serial/mo

Postby KJ » Wed May 31, 2023 9:59 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Manco never tracked serial number to production years (back then). Your bike is most likely mid- 1990's

Here's the download of your parts manual (if you don't have this yet)....
https://gokartsrus.com/model-594-mini-b ... nuals.html

Your image would need to be resized to under 1000px X 1000px and <1MB in size.
We take it from all directions...
gokartsRus | go-kartsRus | gocartsRus | go-cartsRus
KJ
Administrator
Administrator

Ride: BMW K1600 GT-Sport

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies