Harbor Freight 6.5 Performance Parts Upgrade

China Import Engines

Harbor Freight 6.5 Performance Parts Upgrade

Postby jared.adamson » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm

I am pretty new to go karting and I have a 3203 Yerf Dog go kart. I purchased 2 performance parts for it from AGK, a UNI air filter and new exhaust a couple months ago. I removed the original air filter and exhaust and bought - Air filter adaptor with UNI air filter and the Header, RLV Spec for AKRA Superbox. Top speed is around 33mph

I do not want to remove the governor, but I want to get the most out of the engine. I am thinking about purchasing the Carburetor, GX200 Bored .625 along with GX140 Emulsion Tube and Main Jet from AGK. How much of an increase in horse power and top speed do you think that I would see by adding these performance parts? Without removing the governor is it even worth adding a new carb.

Thanks
jared.adamson
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PA » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:41 pm

I have 3 karts with AGK's hop up kits on them, all have gx160 E tubes for low end torque, and drilled main jets you may want to drill the idle jet also for better cold starts and crisper throttle responce. Depending on the cost I dont think id by a new carb for them especially if you are leaving the Gov's in, but if you have too, you can by a flowed blueprinted carb from Gecker racing for about $50 bucks! depending on what kind of riding you plan to do, I would strongly recommend ditching the low oil sensor ,gov. and adding the 18# valve springs you will get approx. 8 to 9hp out of it then.
PA
Committed
Committed

Return to Honda Clones / GY6 / CN / CF / CH250