question about harbor freight 6.5 clone.

China Import Engines

question about harbor freight 6.5 clone.

Postby shake this » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:56 pm

'm thinking about picking one up considering I can't keep my b&s running but it looks like the pull start will be facing the seat if I pick up this one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-hori ... 66014.html

Is it possible to rotate the pull start? Also the gas tank is going to be right behind the seat (my drive wheel is on the driver side). It would be a real pain in the butt to switch everything over to the passenger side tire because of the band brake.
shake this
Rookie
Rookie

Re: question about harbor freight 6.5 clone.

Postby BlackScorpion » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 am

shake this wrote:'m thinking about picking one up considering I can't keep my b&s running but it looks like the pull start will be facing the seat if I pick up this one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/65-hp-hori ... 66014.html

Is it possible to rotate the pull start? Also the gas tank is going to be right behind the seat (my drive wheel is on the driver side). It would be a real pain in the butt to switch everything over to the passenger side tire because of the band brake.

If you can' t move the pull start , it does have electric ignition! The tank can be moved elsewhere. Also you can pick it up on sale from them. I've seen it for $89.00
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby terf dog 3202 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Have you bought the engine yet if so how is it? im thinking about buying one my cart now goes around 40 with a 6 hp engine i would like a little more.
terf dog 3202
Rookie
Rookie

Postby shake this » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:55 am

I've had the engine for about 3 months now and really have no complaints. The only thing I had to do was disconnect the low oil shut off sensor but that took all of five minutes. I can't guarantee you will see in improvement in speed because it still has a governor but you should see a slight increase in torque.
shake this
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:53 pm

shake this wrote:I've had the engine for about 3 months now and really have no complaints. The only thing I had to do was disconnect the low oil shut off sensor but that took all of five minutes. I can't guarantee you will see in improvement in speed because it still has a governor but you should see a slight increase in torque.

Yeah, those clones are pretty good the good thing about them is that you can modify them and get more torque & speed. Just do a search for clone engine or harbor freight engines on here you should have quite a few threads pop up.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Re: question about harbor freight 6.5 clone.

Postby JohnWick7 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:17 am

Thanks for the link.
JohnWick7

Ride: KKR

Return to Honda Clones / GY6 / CN / CF / CH250