Gy6 Wont Start Plz Help

China Import Engines

Gy6 Wont Start Plz Help

Postby littlemaximas » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:49 am

i have a new star or sun star go kart i just bought its a 2006 model gy6 motor 150cc (china kind) it has not ran in like 2 years i put a new carb. on it new spark plug new gas new oil new air filter wont not start turns over good. its getin gas and air and spark is good it will back fire alittle like once or twice but its sounds like it has no gas in it wont hit a lick or nuttin i changed the coil still nuttin i put gas in the spark plug hole and tried it nuttin happen. i was thankn maybe its the timing or sumthang. if ne one knows what the problem is plz let me no. i dont no what else to try.
littlemaximas

Postby kliff » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 am

Still severral variables I can think of that plague us, with GY6 scooters, that you might check.
Replace all fuel and vacume lines, don't check 'em, just replace 'em.

Does your fuel system have either a vacume petcock or fuel pump, replace either or both if so equipped.

Do you have a removeable fuel strainer from the bottom of the fuel tank, pull & clean.

Right off the bat, those are common parts our scoots have with your buggy, which have proven troublesome after extened lay-ups.
Hope it helps.
kliff
kliff
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Offroadkarter » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:06 am

first off, type better english

check the spark, pull the plug out of the motor, plug it into the coil wire and ground it on bare metal and have someone crank the key. If you see spark thats obviously working.

If it was sitting for 2 years with gas in this "new carb" its probably clogged, I had this issue and i had to pull mine apart and clean it out, after that it worked fine. Make sure you dont have the lines mixed up and gas is actually getting to the carb.

Spray some carb cleaner or starter fluid into the carb, if it runs and dies you have a fuel issue.

One issue I had when i reinstalled the carb and gas tank, the lines were so dry the gas wasnt going down.... Sprayed carb cleaner in the gas line and it helped suck the gas down when the kart cranked over.
2004 Manco 906C

2005 Blade 150GT w/ 2006 modified motor
Offroadkarter
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Postby littlemaximas » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:30 am

aite thanx 4 the advice. i checked my valves today and they was so tight they wasnt closein so i adjusted them. but it still didnt crank. then i check my timeing and it was off 1 tooth sum how then i checked my stator and the puller i used messed up my wires so i got to get a new one now didnt get to see if it would crank after i set the timing.
littlemaximas

Postby kliff » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 am

The vacume petcock can give some problems on initial starts too. Alway a food idea to pull the fuel line from either the dicharge side of the fuel pump or petcock, put some gas in a squeeze type ketchup bottle(grocery store) and prime the system, even filling the carb bowl with gas before trying to start.
kliff
kliff
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Does your buggy have CDI ignition. If it does you might want to check that it did not go bad, my carter did the same thing, once i exchanged the CDI it started up. Good luck keep us posted.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby littlemaximas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 pm

well i finally got it runnin my exhaust valve was stuck open its runs good but smokes now i thank my rings r stuck so im waitin on my piston and rings to come in the mail.
littlemaximas

Re: Gy6 Wont Start Plz Help

Postby Greg800x » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Bingo! Valves not right!
Greg800x
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: Quantum

Re: Gy6 Wont Start Plz Help

Postby BlackScorpion » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:43 am

Greg800x wrote:Bingo! Valves not right!

Thanks for the reply, but this is an old post.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Honda Clones / GY6 / CN / CF / CH250