Location of serial number on frame?

Murray & Yerf-Dog (USA) Fun-Karts, GoCarts

Location of serial number on frame?

Postby Pearhead » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Hello all. I just picked up a Murray go kart and I'd like to download one of the parts pdf's but I'm having a hard time finding the serial number on the frame. I found a sticker that says

Model # 776917

Customer # JUVENILE

Manufactured Date: 99116 (whats that date btw? )

Serial Number: FRAME-ONLY

I've searched around on the frame..maybe i'm just not looking hard enough.... any insight would be great. I'm in need of a new rim to get me going.

Thanks in advance,

Jason (Pearhead)

Well after going thru every pdf on this page Parts pdf's I found that by looking at the frame part number on the parts lists (#95 frame) for all the two seaters had similar "model" numbers. However I couldn't find one that was 776917. Best I could find was 776916. Will most of those rims from the 16's work. Or should i maybe just buy two and put different rims on the front? I was thinking about that since they're kinda small. It would be nice to have a larger wheel up front. At least I think so...lol

JP
Pearhead

Postby Pearhead » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Ok...so I'm giving up on finding the actual serial number. Murray couldn't help me either. I just need to find a rim, and new tires if needed to fit the rim. Otherwise I'll keep the two tires I have. The tires are CARLISLE 11x4.00-5... I really need to replace one of the rims because it's bent beyond repair/safe use. Won't hold air either :banghead: I measured the rim. It's 5 5/8" x 3 1/8" with bearings for a 5/8" axle. Can anyone pinpoint a specific rim that would work w/ the tires? Would a 6in. rim work or do I need a 5" rim? Not really positive where I need to start. I'd hate to order something and have to play the return game if it wasn't right. Looking forward to any replies. It's warming up out there..kids wanna ride! :racekart:

Thanks,

Jason (Pearhead)
Pearhead

Postby Pearhead » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Found these...just not sure if they'll work [web]http://www.quickieparts.com/go-kart---mini-bike-parts/8378-steel-rim-for-6-inch-tire.html[/web]
Pearhead

Return to Murray / Yerf Dog Go-Karts