Just bought "new" ACE Model 2585 - could use some

Carter Bros / A.C.E. and Ken-Bar Fun-Carts & Buggies

Just bought "new" ACE Model 2585 - could use some

Postby MDX » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:34 am

I just purchased a ACE Sports Model 2585 Kart for my 7 year old son. I picked it up at Northern Tool; they said it was being replaced with a new model, and it was sold "as is". They put gas in it right in front of me, and had it running no problem. It was so "new" the "WARNING" labels that come under the gas fill lid were still on! thought I got a great deal until I took it home....

Short and sweet:
- Need 2 new rear wheels - they are bent. Not sure how, when, or why I didn't notice at the store, but they seem to wobble left and right a good bit. Tires are Kenda 15 x 5 x 6 (not 13, as every single place on the web indicates). Left is a "split rim", right just uses one nut. They are powder coated gray. Can't seem to locate them ANYWHERE. At this point, I'd replace all 4 with some "chrome" ones or something like that - just so I could get the thing on the road.

- Is the Tecumseh 6.0 HP engine known to be a problem plagued unit? Mine is Model OHH60, if that matters. Took my son out for the first time today after letting him stare at it for a month, and it wouldn't start. I mean, this thing has like 10 MINUTES of run time on it. Checked / drained gas, has spark, feels like it wants to start but won't. After about half an hour, we gave up and went home.

ANY advice / help / assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!
MDX

Postby gofastman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 pm

try the air filter and cleaning the carb jets.i will give instrutions tommorow.
Fix things even if they are not broke. Its called UPGRADES!!
tease
gofastman

Ride: Murray Explorer

Postby MDX » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:26 am

Your assistance would be GREATLY appreciated....thanks!
MDX

Return to Carter/ACE & Ken-Bar Go-Carts Buggies