Murray Explorer (single pass.)Jack-shaft plate

Murray & Yerf-Dog (USA) Fun-Karts, GoCarts

Murray Explorer (single pass.)Jack-shaft plate

Postby WizardMaster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 pm

I would like to find extra 'single passenger' Murray Explorer jack-shaft plates offered up instead of watching them head to the automotive dump/salvage yard or rust to pieces behind homes, garages and barns. I have removed one of mine that was 'jacked' and bent and held in place my wood wedging! PATHETIC to say the least!! This is unacceptable! I have no respect for anyone who cannot protect and take care of their kart! I always seem to be getting the ones that need restoration and it's a sad thing. I removed the jack-shaft plate and the original motor mounting deck looks brand new!! I search Ebay often and I pay by Paypal only and if anyone has one or finds one within the USA, please drop me a link. You may also send a link to TheNascarDude@aol.com.

Now, back to my jack-shaft plate. I will be sending the jack-shaft tube and the two legs it is mounted on to a welding shop to get fitted and re-welded onto a new piece of 10" X 18" X 3/16" or 1/4" place steel ( after I cut off the welds and clean it up a bit!! I don't mess around with quality and strength and I need to done professionally. My cart would have been ready to go had I not noticed how cock-eyed the engine looked with the Comet clutch and the sprocket system!!! BUT, now I will also be buying some cool 4 by 4 hubs ( 1" w/ 3/4" step-down), aluminum wheels and hopefully be able to fit 22 X 10/12 X 8 under the rear rail unless I can get some positive offset wheels and maybe the hubs will bring out the tires a bit more. I do not like aggressive tires. I look for my tires under 'Sand and Snow' tires to get great 'balloon' tires that serve a purpose. REMEMBER in most cases, your tires also serve ans your shock absorbers too. I do NOT run my vehicles through mud because I have more respect for them and my wallet. I will enjoy watching you do that. I DO NOT want to mess with my frame rails as I like the protection I now have left and hope the hubs/wheels combo will slide enough beyond the frame. It looks classy too, just the way it is without the 'monkey bar' looking cage!! I despise boring looking flat gawdy go-karts but all go-karts are beautiful in their own way.

Looks like this imaging system will not suffice for me. I don't use a host, but, will try to bring them off my website sometime( that could be a host to link from). Too bad, because I'm a big photo kinda guy..........
WizardMaster
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: Murray Explorer etc.

Return to Murray / Yerf Dog Go-Karts