Monster Truck Go-Kart Modification

Promo (USA) Mini Cars & Trucks

Monster Truck Go-Kart Modification

Postby BlackScorpion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:48 pm

If you recall, I had purchased a 2nd Mini Monster Go Kart, well I've begun modifying it, I'm looking to add suspension to the front and rear,i also want to reinforce the frame. i have taken many pictures of the progress, which i will be posting as soon as i get a chance. If you want to follow the modification I will be posting here and at My Site.

Here is a picture of the truck before the Modifications (it's the one next to the Grave Digger)

10/24/10: Well I begun the Modifications and have the truck down to the frame. I'm looking cut the rear of the frame that holds the wheel axel and motor and separate it from the main frame, adding a pivot point for it to move. Much like the buggies.

This is as far as i got have to buy a sawzall and some metal blade for the Air saw in order to start cutting up the frame.

10/30/10: Cut the frame up today, cut the angle iron for the brace and cut off the body support bars toward the middle of the frame. This image is just for an example, i will post pictures of the frame when i get a chance.

11/14/10: Worked on the frame today, man what a job it was cutting those old welds off!! I managed to cut & grind them off pretty much clean. My next step is to find some kind of tubing to make a brace for the back of the frame, where i cut off the two seat support bars that were there. Here are a couple of more pictures of my project.

Now i need to weld these four pieces of angle iron to the two sides for support & brackets for the rear.

This project is going so slow, since i only get to work on it on the weekends and i can only give it a few hours at a time.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby BlackScorpion » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 am

Sorry for the lack of updates but due to some issues with my arm and the cold weather, i have been unable to work on this project. Hopefully when the weather warms up again i will continue working on it.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Promotional Karts