questions on the chinnese karts

Yap about: Chinese made Go-Karts & Buggies here...

questions on the chinnese karts

Postby Skitl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:57 pm

Hey!

i have a couple of questions...

1.)The Tomberlin crossfire 150r, what kind of engine is that is it a gy6?

2.)and if its a Gy6 are they all the same? like for modifications? all the gy6 mods are the same "1 size fits all" type of thing?
Skitl

Postby spool » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:09 pm

Yes the Crossfire engine is a GY6 and yes nearly all of them are the same. There are a few buggies that use a slightly different version, mostly SunL and Roketa brand karts, but even on those ones the CVT mods still work.

Jamie
Twister Hammerhead SS
Uni intake, Gutted Exhaust, 10 gram rollers, 1500 Torque spring.

Lots of DOG SNOT
spool
Team Member
Team Member

Postby Offroadkarter » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:15 pm

Jamie is right, and for the most part it is 1 part fits all, so dont fret when you order something.

I posted a sticky around here on mods for the GY6, look around for it.
2004 Manco 906C

2005 Blade 150GT w/ 2006 modified motor
Offroadkarter
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Postby ThePowerMan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:02 pm

I'm new to all these Chinese models talk. Who makes the Roketa 250 cc engine? You said that the Roketa has a CVT model engine that is o.k. Is the CVT the brand name? Does one company make them all? I have heard many people say that these Chinese engines are just knock-offs of Honda, etc. Is there any truth in that?
ThePowerMan

Postby suprbean » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:05 pm

roketa is the company that makes the buggy. the cvt is the transmission
you wanna try to avoid the roketa brand because they are no good
suprbean
NEW 2006 BLADE DX in RED!!!!!
Mods...eastside exhaust, uni, ignition coil, cdi, prodigy clutch and bell, 1500 spring, 9 gram rollers, vapor speedo, blade lights, chrome fan
more to come
suprbean
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby nvmyengine » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:43 pm

by the way cvt means continuously variable transmission
my rides-
mtd mimi bike
garden tractors

can you believe that i have over 2000 posts
nvmyengine
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby Autophysn » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:37 am

OK, so since you went there by saying Rocketa is no good. I am in the same boat as this guy, new to the whole thing. Which ones are good? I have to admit, all of them seem way under powered, but that is also because I come from the old school VW dunebuggy crowd. However I love these things and feel they are really priced reasonable. I am a mechanic and did do some major research on what I have available to me here in California--Meaning I have to deal with the California Air Resources Board. But BMS seems to have real quality cars. I visited their wherehouse in So. Cal and was really impressed. The frames, suspension, seats, etc, all seemed to be quality equipment. I just did not like the seemingly low power for the car. I also am a sand guy, so we loose alot of power there, but still---Even my ATC is a 350.

Please enlighten us based on ?
It's All For The Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Autophysn

Postby KJ » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:59 am

Autophysn wrote:OK, so since you went there by saying Rocketa is no good. I am in the same boat as this guy, new to the whole thing. Which ones are good? I have to admit, all of them seem way under powered, but that is also because I come from the old school VW dunebuggy crowd. However I love these things and feel they are really priced reasonable. I am a mechanic and did do some major research on what I have available to me here in California--Meaning I have to deal with the California Air Resources Board. But BMS seems to have real quality cars. I visited their wherehouse in So. Cal and was really impressed. The frames, suspension, seats, etc, all seemed to be quality equipment. I just did not like the seemingly low power for the car. I also am a sand guy, so we loose alot of power there, but still---Even my ATC is a 350.

Please enlighten us based on ?

BMS is very good, we sell their Buggies (and more). Our site will be updated with more models soon!
[web]http://www.gokartsrus.com/buggies-c-319.html[/web]
We take it from all directions...
gokartsRus | go-kartsRus | gocartsRus | go-cartsRus
KJ
Administrator
Administrator

Ride: BMW K1600 GT-Sport

Return to Imported (China) Go-Karts, Pocket Bikes & ATVs