gx200 mini bike

Yap about: Chinese made Go-Karts & Buggies here...

gx200 mini bike

Postby gokartfreak » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:05 pm

well i just thought i might need some help i have a mini bike that i want to go faster on and i am putting a gx200 clone on it. do i have to upgrade to a bigger main jet on the carb if i get a uni filter and aftermarket exaust? if so what size should i get? help me out RED

oh and here is the type of mini bike http://www.tanklesswaterheaters.info/chopper1.JPG

and i calculated top speeds with the gearing with a tav2 to go 58mph so will i need high speed bearings for the wheels? :salute:
"it is not a tragedy when you die doing something you truly love"
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby fishy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:23 pm

well if it looks anything like that in the pick it will probably go about 90!
fishy
Team Member
Team Member

Postby The Lightning Stalker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Geez, would a GX200 even fit on that thing? It looks like there isn't enough overhead clearance and the top of the engine would hit the seat support frame rails. What kind of gearing are you doing? New sprockets I suppose. Have fun and don't get hurt. :occasion5:

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention about the bearings. I would keep an eye on them in case they start slinging the grease out or getting rough, then they're telling you to use higher speed bearings. I always try to go with sealed bearings all around where I can. Also if you're going to be going that fast on this thing I would check out the road first and make sure there are no potholes or rough spots. I can see the suspension bottoming out and very bad things happening.
The Lightning Stalker
Team Member
Team Member

Postby speed shop » Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 pm

yea flying off a bike over 50 sucks, but thats what happens when you are dumb like me
2002 Murray Hard Drive

Efff the spelling police

Everyone Hates Back Seat Drivers.
speed shop
Dedicated
Dedicated

Postby gokartfreak » Thu May 01, 2008 4:14 pm

i am getting a new gas tank uni filter and a new exhast will i need a bigger jet on the carb?
the bike will have 15 tooth on the jackshaft and 30 on the wheel on 10 in tall tires. and i am puutting the gx200 where the fake vtwin is on it
and im going to go with aluminum wheel and a new slick on the back so i will probably update it to disk breaks in the rear
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The Lightning Stalker » Fri May 02, 2008 3:20 am

gokartfreak wrote:i am getting a new gas tank uni filter and a new exhast will i need a bigger jet on the carb?

Couldn't hurt I suppose. You would probably need it if you got a low restriction air filter.

gokartfreak wrote:the bike will have 15 tooth on the jackshaft and 30 on the wheel on 10 in tall tires.

So looks like you'll be in the low 50s

gokartfreak wrote:and im going to go with aluminum wheel and a new slick on the back so i will probably update it to disk breaks in the rear

Disc brakes sound like a pretty good idea. You might want to do that first. :occasion5:
Last edited by The Lightning Stalker on Sat May 03, 2008 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lightning Stalker
Team Member
Team Member

Postby gokartfreak » Fri May 02, 2008 3:47 pm

so will i need to go hydrolic or just use normal brakes like in the front?
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The Lightning Stalker » Fri May 02, 2008 11:47 pm

gokartfreak wrote:so will i need to go hydrolic or just use normal brakes like in the front?

You could if you really want to but then you'll have to run brake lines and bleed everything. Plus I think it would cost more. I think maybe it gives more leverage though and no adjustments needed once all the air bubbles are out..
The Lightning Stalker
Team Member
Team Member

Postby gokartfreak » Sun May 04, 2008 12:17 am

i should have pics up tomorrow of the bike and my kart so it should be able to show the clearence in the pics
(thx for the help)

well some time this week nobody is letting me borrow their camra lol
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gokartfreak » Fri May 09, 2008 4:11 pm

well its going to have the 43cc on it untill i have the money to upgrade to the 196cc here is the motor im putting on it un till i have the money
all i need is a bolt and a recoil for it (this is not my motor tho)

and im upgradeing the motor with a new hi flow airfilter
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby speed shop » Fri May 09, 2008 4:29 pm

I have that same motor on one of my crappy bikes, if you make the exhaust the right length it will gain speed a lot faster and have a higher top end
2002 Murray Hard Drive

Efff the spelling police

speed shop
Dedicated
Dedicated

Postby The Lightning Stalker » Fri May 09, 2008 6:02 pm

That's not a mini bike, that's one of those motorized scooters that runs on like a chainsaw engine. You might run into problems with the mounting. When you get the engine off, take some pictures of the mounting plate with a ruler sitting on it. You also might have problems with a bigger engine rubbing on the back wheel. Something else to consider is that this thing could become unstable at higher speeds. You are going to have to be very careful with that thing.
The Lightning Stalker
Team Member
Team Member

carb jets on a modded gx200

Postby PA » Fri May 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Im going with the same set up , on my gx 200 Blue motor, but putting in a torque tube also, I ordered a # 90 jet, but Ill run it with the stock jet, and drill it out untill, the spark plug has a nice chocolate color to it, then the mix should be right, if im not mistaken!
PA
Committed
Committed

Postby gokartfreak » Sat May 10, 2008 12:57 pm

The Lightning Stalker wrote:That's not a mini bike, that's one of those motorized scooters that runs on like a chainsaw engine. You might run into problems with the mounting. When you get the engine off, take some pictures of the mounting plate with a ruler sitting on it. You also might have problems with a bigger engine rubbing on the back wheel. Something else to consider is that this thing could become unstable at higher speeds. You are going to have to be very careful with that thing.

yes i know im makeing a mount in the front for the motor

@ speed shop- would a pipe like this work or can you put a pic of it up so i can see? thx and what cc was it?http://www.scooterparts4less.com/web_gas/Cateye_Pocketbike_Skinny_Pipe.htm

or would the original pipe work also? like this one? it has the expansion pipe built in
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Bike-APC-Chopp ... otohosting
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gokartfreak » Sun May 11, 2008 6:31 pm

i gots a pic

and to put it into perspective thats a gx200 clone on my thunderkart in the background

and after i get the honda clone ima put the 2 stroke on a bicycle for a school project then i might sell it a couple months later (the bicycle not the mini bike lol)
Last edited by gokartfreak on Mon May 12, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The Lightning Stalker » Mon May 12, 2008 12:35 am

Ahh, okay. I got a bit confused there with the scooter. It looks like a GX200 could probably fit, especially if you removed the GX200's gas tank and used the one that's already on the bike. You're going to need a long chain though. It looks like you already have a disc brake on the front. Or is that something else? I'm not picking on your camera skills or anything but maybe next time could you use a tripod? It's a bit fuzzy. Do you have the handlebars because it looks like they're missing in the picture. This is going to be a sweet ride when you're done with it! :toothy8:
The Lightning Stalker
Team Member
Team Member

Postby gokartfreak » Mon May 12, 2008 9:36 pm

well actualy it still has the handle bars on it its just hard to see and the original gas tank is 1 lieter so i think that ill get me a mile? lol
and well my brother doesnt really know how to work a camra so its his falt lol
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The Lightning Stalker » Mon May 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Well figuring on the low end, your bike should get at least 30MPG. Since 1 liter is 0.264172052358148 of a gallon, then 30 x 0.264172052358148 = 7.92516157074445 miles. Now if you're a serious trail rider like me, 8 miles isn't all that far, but it's a plenty for just puttering around the yard or track. Since it's a mini bike though you only have 2 tires instead of 3 or 4, so that means less ground resistance and less weight. So you'll probably get around 50MPG or better. Okay, now it's time for me to take my medicine. blob
The Lightning Stalker
Team Member
Team Member

Postby speed shop » Mon May 12, 2008 11:31 pm

if you are wanting to take that bike off roading you might wanna reconsider and I just played around with cutting a straight pipe to length on my pile bike heres a picture of the final length with out the tip on
2002 Murray Hard Drive

Efff the spelling police

speed shop
Dedicated
Dedicated

Postby gokartfreak » Tue May 13, 2008 4:37 pm

nah i am trying to get it to be able to beat some people in my neighborhood they got some 110 fourwheelers and some street bikes with a 125 4stroke on it i just wanted to be able to beat them and put them to shame lol and have it for show and cruzing down the streets, and to the noise made by it its nothing compared to all of the yamaha raptor 700's, yfz450's, and honda trx 400 ex's with yoshimura pipes on them in the neighborhood lol

edit: speed shop what type of motor is that? it looks like a 49cc is it? i know som places to get some nice upgrades for them
gokartfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Next

Return to Imported (China) Go-Karts, Pocket Bikes & ATVs