Hammerhead 150 dilluting oil

Yap about: Chinese made Go-Karts & Buggies here...

Hammerhead 150 dilluting oil

Postby Jerm » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Hey guys and gals. I have a hammerhead 150 that is dillutuing the oil with gas. The thing that seems wierd to me is that it only does it when it runs. The hammerhead has a fuel shutoff valve that is turned on by engine vaccum. I tested this via my mouth and it seems to work good. When you apply vaccum it turns the fuel on without a taste of gas. I took off the fuel shutoff valve, I figure i can find an old fashond shutoff to bypass the possibility of the diapram leaking fuel into the intake. As for the next thing the carb is new, and the last carb dilluted the oil also. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.
Jerm

Postby hd4ou » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:42 am

old carb or new carb, if there is trash in your fuel system either in the tank or fuel lines deteriorating its gonna get stuck somewhere it should not and cause it to flood. take a good look at your fuel system and clean it up really good and you may even have to take new carb apart and clean it out plus, replace that little bit of fuel line with new and flush entire fuel system and fill with new fuel from clean can and see if this helps.
hd4ou
Team Member
Team Member

Return to Imported (China) Go-Karts, Pocket Bikes & ATVs