Need some advice about the chinese go karts

Yap about: Chinese made Go-Karts & Buggies here...

Need some advice about the chinese go karts

Postby Hooligan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm

I am a first time buyer of one of these types of go karts.

I really need some advice from you guys that have already been here done that.

I am just looking for something for my family and i. there is a local place over in my area. ( san antonio ) that have these for sale.
the one i was looking at is 150cc rapture/spyder for 2,500.
so as i said im new to these Chinese karts. so are they reliable? re they worth the money?

i don't plan on hot dogging it too much. but i would want something that is going to last a while

http://www.reconcycles.com/150Hummer.html this is the place i plan on buying from, they have a service department

can someone help me out with some advice?
Hooligan

Ride: dune buggy

Re: Need some advice about the chinese go karts

Postby BlackScorpion » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Hooligan wrote:I am a first time buyer of one of these types of go karts.

I really need some advice from you guys that have already been here done that.

I am just looking for something for my family and i. there is a local place over in my area. ( san antonio ) that have these for sale.
the one i was looking at is 150cc rapture/spyder for 2,500.
so as i said im new to these Chinese karts. so are they reliable? re they worth the money?

i don't plan on hot dogging it too much. but i would want something that is going to last a while

http://www.reconcycles.com/150Hummer.html this is the place i plan on buying from, they have a service department

can someone help me out with some advice?

Hi Hooligan, welcome to Go Karts R us. I been there and have done that. The lesson i learned with these chinese gokarts are 1) poorly built, 2) you will need to learn quicky how to troubleshoot them and 3) need constant maintenance to keep them running right. Now don't get me wrong, I have two at my home that the kids just love driving around and you do get what you pay for. My opinion is wait till you can get enough money to buy a name brand go kart like a Carter, Hammerhead, Polaris=expensive. Something that when it breaks down you know you will have parts and service for. Now if your good with your hands and don't mind getting them dirty, Which is what this hobby is all about (Modifications) the chinese brands are cool looking and can be fun, if maintained properly, you already said you have a service department by you so, if they treat you right. Go for it. Then hold on tight and welcome to the ADDICTION! :thumbup:
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Imported (China) Go-Karts, Pocket Bikes & ATVs