RunMaster 2 help.

Yap about: Chinese made Go-Karts & Buggies here...

RunMaster 2 help.

Postby Tdoc » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm new to the forum and new to anything Go-kart related. And I have many questions.
First off, I bought a used preteen buggy for my kids and nephews.
All I know about it is that it has a "110cc run master 2" frame. But has a "Kinroad" 150cc engine (s/n 6kxmx0147gyk) . So, it's been pieced together.
From parts research it looks like the carb is for a 110cc motor. Including electronic parts, such as it has a 5 pin CDI box and all for 110cc
The shifter has R,N,1,2 on it but noticed it doesn't go in reverse.

The few times I've let the kids drive it, and my test drives... I've noticed it loses power and struggles to go up any type of inclines.
And motor and oil gets extremely hot.. like I was checking the oil and some dropped into the grass and sounded like I was deepfrying some food. So, out of what I have explained so far, what can I do to get it running better and have more power for the small gradual inclines on my property?
Do I need to put on a bigger carb? Change the electronics to those needed for a 150? Change gears or clutches? Any help is appreciated.
Tdoc

Ride: 110 run master 2

Re: RunMaster 2 help.

Postby BlackScorpion » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Tdoc wrote:I'm new to the forum and new to anything Go-kart related. And I have many questions.
First off, I bought a used preteen buggy for my kids and nephews.
All I know about it is that it has a "110cc run master 2" frame. But has a "Kinroad" 150cc engine (s/n 6kxmx0147gyk) . So, it's been pieced together.
From parts research it looks like the carb is for a 110cc motor. Including electronic parts, such as it has a 5 pin CDI box and all for 110cc
The shifter has R,N,1,2 on it but noticed it doesn't go in reverse.

The few times I've let the kids drive it, and my test drives... I've noticed it loses power and struggles to go up any type of inclines.
And motor and oil gets extremely hot.. like I was checking the oil and some dropped into the grass and sounded like I was deepfrying some food. So, out of what I have explained so far, what can I do to get it running better and have more power for the small gradual inclines on my property?
Do I need to put on a bigger carb? Change the electronics to those needed for a 150? Change gears or clutches? Any help is appreciated.

It's really hard to diagnose, considering you state the go kart is pieced together, but i would replace the carb to something more suitable to to the 150cc. Then you need to do a process of elimination, to figure out what can be causing it to lose power. checking the carb, CDI, it's possible your running the engine too hot which would explain the hot oil. Sorry i can't give you a definite answer.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Imported (China) Go-Karts, Pocket Bikes & ATVs