Hi, I am new here and have a question about my go-Kart

Misc. (Import) Go-Karts and Buggies

Hi, I am new here and have a question about my go-Kart

Postby VisioN » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:00 am

I recently purchased a go-Kart from Powersportsmax in Ca. It is a 2013 Kandi KD-150FS. Here is a picture. Image. Here is my question please. I hope someone can help me out. I filled up the gas tank on back and was going to go for a ride. I looked behind me and noticed with a full tank of gas sloshing around that gas was slowly leaking out from around the cap at every little bump on the ground. I do not think this is normal. I am afraid the gas could get on the hot exhaust and catch a fire. Do I need another cap? Should this be happening with a full tank of gas? I had the cap screwed on really tight? Is it ok to fill the tank on back all the way up with gas? I am glad I found this forum and thanks to anyone who replies. I am not that mechanical but I am trying to learn.
VisioN
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: 2013 Kandi KD-150FS

Re: Hi, I am new here and have a question about my go-Kart

Postby BlackScorpion » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:04 pm

VisioN wrote:I recently purchased a go-Kart from Powersportsmax in Ca. It is a 2013 Kandi KD-150FS. Here is a picture. Image. Here is my question please. I hope someone can help me out. I filled up the gas tank on back and was going to go for a ride. I looked behind me and noticed with a full tank of gas sloshing around that gas was slowly leaking out from around the cap at every little bump on the ground. I do not think this is normal. I am afraid the gas could get on the hot exhaust and catch a fire. Do I need another cap? Should this be happening with a full tank of gas? I had the cap screwed on really tight? Is it ok to fill the tank on back all the way up with gas? I am glad I found this forum and thanks to anyone who replies. I am not that mechanical but I am trying to learn.

I usually fill it up to the bottom of the neck of the tank, if you filled it all the way up it's possible that could be your problem.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby VisioN » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply BlackScorpion. I did not fill it all the way up to the neck so there was some breathing room. I contacted the merchant I purchased the go-Kart from and they told me they were going to send me another cap. I hope that solves the problem. Thanks for the response.
VisioN
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: 2013 Kandi KD-150FS

Postby BlackScorpion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:58 pm

VisioN wrote:Thanks for the reply BlackScorpion. I did not fill it all the way up to the neck so there was some breathing room. I contacted the merchant I purchased the go-Kart from and they told me they were going to send me another cap. I hope that solves the problem. Thanks for the response.

Anytime it's what i'm here for.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Go-Karts & Buggies (anything goes!)