Newbie in need of alot of help

Misc. (Import) Go-Karts and Buggies

Newbie in need of alot of help

Postby bustert2 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:15 pm

I recently got the urge to build a go kart for the purpose of giving to my son when he gets older. I was able to find a cheap frame on ebay and i got it but now, im not really sure where to start or what all i need and dont need. So i was hoping to get some info on the frame i got if anyone knows anything about it, then also hoping to get some help in finding the parts, since no one sells this type stuff locally for me, its hard to know if the things online i find will even fit or work with this frame.
Attachments
cec150cc-68d4-420e-ab40-7b730404066a.jpg
bustert2

Ride: baja

Re: Newbie in need of alot of help

Postby BlackScorpion » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Wow, unfortunately you have a dilemma there. Finding parts for that is going to be really hard since we don't know what type of go kart that was. Is there any labels or printing on it that might help identify that frame? Just from looking at the image i can see it had a roll bar, which you will probably get since you will be giving it to your son. looks like you might be better off selling the frame and buying a go kart that's already built or that needs work, this would be a complete build, not sure what your finances are, but it will cost a bit to build.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Re: Newbie in need of alot of help

Postby bustert2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:49 am

No, theres zero labels or anything on it to identify it. As far as funds go, that im not worried about. And if i do get into a bind with that i can just sell off a few rc's i have laying around.
bustert2

Ride: baja

Return to Go-Karts & Buggies (anything goes!)