New member from missouri

...Say Hello Here!

New member from missouri

Postby littleyoyo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum but already learned some things. Can you help me get out of this groove Please. My husband bought a go kart and anyways it is not good news LOL. That is the humor part. I can tell you that it is a 250 cc chinese engine. What the problem is it is not getting gas? unfortunately it didnt come with any instruction on how to put it together. WHat I am guessing is something like a vacuum hose or something is not hooked up? ANy ideas. WHat to try? I am so frustrated with this that im ready to ship it back to the company. But it will cost me alot to do that.
Thanks for your help in advance.
littleyoyo

Postby KJ » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi and WELCOME!

OK, stupid stuff first:
Fuel shut-off valve in the off position maybe? (sometimes these China made karts aren't real clear on this and they use crazy symbols for on/off/reserve)
Crimped fuel hoses?
Do you have fuel going into the cylinder? take spark plug out and check for fuel vapor, then ground the spark plug and check for spark. (some folks assume that it's a fuel problem automatically)

During customer setup/assembly- Vacuum lines (and or) vapor and fuel lines inverted? (VERY COMMON PROB!)
to ck- Drop the hose from the tank line (that goes into the carb and make sure there is a flow of fuel)

Don't forget the open flame rule (and no cigarette rule) when doing anything with the engine/fuel. ;)
KJ
Administrator
Administrator

Ride: BMW K1600 GT-Sport

Return to New Members