New to go kart dad--a little frustrated

...Say Hello Here!

New to go kart dad--a little frustrated

Postby whaleit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi! I bought a go kart frame for kids for Christmas (what I now seem to find is a very old one) and a 6.5 HP inexpensive new engine. Should have done more initial research on frame but was a spur of the moment buy. A good project for kids and they have already "washed" their frame a couple of times.

Have been doing alot of reading for last few weeks and gathering parts for re-build. Grew up with a cuzin who had go-carts and mini bikes but I never got into the mechanics with him just the occasional weeknd visits/rides...trying to change that now so my kids will have early experiences and grow from it.

Work in construction management/CAD/design. Tampa Bay area-Tarpon Springs/Clearwater live/work.

Cheers!
Last edited by whaleit on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whaleit
Rookie
Rookie

Postby whaleit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

have not been able to find how to upload a jpg file/picture showing hub and all relevant dimensions
whaleit
Rookie
Rookie

Postby whaleit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm

got it...uploaded to my Gallery...thanks in advance if you can be of help!
whaleit
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:44 pm

whaleit wrote:got it...uploaded to my <A href=http://www.gokartsrus.com/go-kart_forum/album.html>Gallery</A>...thanks in advance if you can be of help!

whaleit, i posted in your other Thread, You don't need to keep posting your messages you can just edit the original one. If a moderator was you be warned about it.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to New Members