Rat Kart, and I do mean rat.

...Say Hello Here!

Rat Kart, and I do mean rat.

Postby oyveychris » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am

Hey guys!
Just picked up a Manco Red Fox LXT on craigslist for the princely sum of $0! As you can imagine, this thing has seen better days, but is mostly complete. Rear wheels need to be re-installed, brake caliper is all but gone (the part that is there is held on with a zip-tie), and the roll cage needs re-installed. Oh yeah, front tires are shot too. Other than that, a good bath and some touch-up paint she should be good enough for now.
I was wondering if anyone could post pics of their engine, specifically a Tecumseh Powersports 5 or 6hp model. The reason I ask, is that the throttle is not hooked up, and there appears to be a return spring that isn't connected either. Basically, if you were to engage the foot control for the throttle, nothing would happen.
The engine turns freely, I have spark, and the old, nasty, varnished gas has been drained from the tank and float bowl, so hopefully she'll fire once I get the throttle hooked up properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :salute:
oyveychris
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oyveychris » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:06 am

So I got rid of the old carb and scavenged one from a 6.5hp Scotts push mower my neighbor gave me, and she fired right up! Runs like a champ from idle all the way up to full throttle, now if I could just figure out how to connect the throttle cable to the carb, I'd be golden. Oh, I had to take the fuel tank off to get at the old hardened rubber fuel lines, the need replaced badly. So it looks like with some new fuel lines, a brake caliper, and some misc. small harware, she'll be up an running, then it's on to the cosmetics... :rr:
oyveychris
Rookie
Rookie

Postby oyveychris » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Still no luck on figuring out the linkage for the carb on the OHH50. Any suggestions?
oyveychris
Rookie
Rookie

Return to New Members