Well, hi!

...Say Hello Here!

Well, hi!

Postby ==K.T.== » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:20 am

Hello, everyone, My name is Kyle, and my first car was a Manco.

So here's my story; When I was about eight, my Dad found/built me my first motorized vehicle. The frame is an old Manco I can find no record of, and the engine is a Tecumseh 6.0HP Power Sport my Step-mom got for cheap because she worked at the manufacturing plant.

This kart served me well on-road, off-road, and airborne for a few years, until my lead foot eventually snapped some connector between the throttle cable and throttle mechanism. That's not the first thing that broke, unfortunately, as I did manage to roll it a couple of times. The rollbar is no longer with us, I am sorry to say.

Due to the damage, and mainly the throttle issue, it had been parked under an aluminum boat behind my Dad's shed for about eight years.

Well, I am now 20 years old, and I'm itching to relive my childhood memories. I know this might anger a few people here, but I plan to modify the frame a little, as I think I have grown in those eight years. A new engine may be in order, as well. 6HP let me feel like a racecar driver when I was a kid, but I think it may be a bit lacking nowadays.

Hopefully this will be a good place to share the stories this things has and will likely continue to give me, as well as a good place to learn how to fix this thing.
==K.T.==
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Well, hi!

Postby BlackScorpion » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 pm

==K.T.== wrote:hello, everyone, My name is Kyle, and my first car was a Manco.

So here's my story; When I was about eight, my Dad found/built me my first motorized vehicle. The frame is an old Manco I can find no record of, and the engine is a Tecumseh 6.0HP Power Sport my Step-mom got for cheap because she worked at the manufacturing plant.

This kart served me well on-road, off-road, and airborne for a few years, until my lead foot eventually snapped some connector between the throttle cable and throttle mechanism. That's not the first thing that broke, unfortunately, as I did manage to roll it a couple of times. The rollbar is no longer with us, I am sorry to say.

Due to the damage, and mainly the throttle issue, it had been parked under an aluminum boat behind my Dad's shed for about eight years.

Well, I am now 20 years old, and I'm itching to relive my childhood memories. I know this might anger a few people here, but I plan to modify the frame a little, as I think I have grown in those eight years. A new engine may be in order, as well. 6HP let me feel like a racecar driver when I was a kid, but I think it may be a bit lacking nowadays.

Hopefully this will be a good place to share the stories this things has and will likely continue to give me, as well as a good place to learn how to fix this thing.

KT welcome to GKRU, I don't think anyone is going to get mad if you modify the frame. Hell, we modify everything here! I'm modifying a mini Monster Truck frame, adding suspension and probably hydraulic brakes. You can also get a bigger engine, just make sure the frame is capable of withstanding the new power. This is the right place to learn, read the threads even the old ones have helpful information.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby ==K.T.== » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Huh. I honestly didn't think this had actually gone through, I kept getting a 404 error every time I tried to post it. Is that a normal thing for new posters?

Anyway, Thanks for the warm welcome.

The Mini Monster Mods sound awesome. I should probably try to upgrade the brake on my kart, as well. I'm already planning on putting in a sound system somehow, using some spare speakers and head unit I have lying around. Before that, though; the frame will need a lot of rust removal and a few repairs, and the current Tecumseh still doesn't run right.

I guess I'll start by taking a more thorough look around here.
==K.T.==
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:46 pm

==K.T.== wrote:Huh. I honestly didn't think this had actually gone through, I kept getting a 404 error every time I tried to post it. Is that a normal thing for new posters?

Anyway, Thanks for the warm welcome.

The Mini Monster Mods sound awesome. I should probably try to upgrade the brake on my kart, as well. I'm already planning on putting in a sound system somehow, using some spare speakers and head unit I have lying around. Before that, though; the frame will need a lot of rust removal and a few repairs, and the current Tecumseh still doesn't run right.

I guess I'll start by taking a more thorough look around here.

I never had a 404? weird. Anyways your welcome, i would recommend reading and getting comfortable with working on the kart. Once you start, it does get addicting.
Keep us posted on your kart.

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby ==K.T.== » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Will do! I already have plenty of pics, though they're mostly of the tear down.

One thing was confusing me about this forum, and i want to ask before i make a fool of myself. Will I be able to post pics, or is there something special I need to do?

Also, I just got this when i tried to post: "Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in our Forum. Your message was automatically deleted."

I think this place is out to get me...
==K.T.==
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:09 pm

==K.T.== wrote:Will do! I already have plenty of pics, though they're mostly of the tear down.

One thing was confusing me about this forum, and i want to ask before i make a fool of myself. Will I be able to post pics, or is there something special I need to do?

Also, I just got this when i tried to post: "Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in our Forum. Your message was automatically deleted."

I think this place is out to get me...

Once you are " approved" by a moderator and have joined the " bypass word group" you will be allow to post. I can't help with that as I'm only a member like you. PM Red-85-Z51 or KJ, they can approve you.

As for the "Mistake! there was an attempt...." I get that too, i just hit the back button and hit post again, and it goes through.

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby ==K.T.== » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Yeah, I don't know how I missed these before, but I found two things that made me feel stupid for asking. One was the topic about the Mistake! thing, and the other was the "Join Group" button for the Word Bypass group.

I don't know what it is, but there must be something about joining a new forum that turns my brain to mush for a little bit. I'll get the hang of this place soon enough, I'm sure.

Thank you for your help, it has been most helpful.
==K.T.==
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:12 am

==K.T.== wrote:Yeah, I don't know how I missed these before, but I found two things that made me feel stupid for asking. One was the topic about the Mistake! thing, and the other was the "Join Group" button for the Word Bypass group.

I don't know what it is, but there must be something about joining a new forum that turns my brain to mush for a little bit. I'll get the hang of this place soon enough, I'm sure.

Thank you for your help, it has been most helpful.

Don't feel bad i've been there myself embarrased, if you need any further assistance feel free to ask.

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Return to New Members