Look who's karting

...Say Hello Here!

Look who's karting

Postby shake this » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:40 pm

Well, I never thought that at my age (38) I'd find myself on a go kart site but here I am.

Loved karts when I was a kid and had a blast driving them but didn't care to learn the mechanical side of them. I guess you could call me Cole Trickle of karting. For those that might be a little to young to catch the reference, rent Days of Thunder with Tome Cruise.

Anyway, I have an 8 year old daughter that wanted a electric car for Christmas or her birthday and after talking it over with the wife and after much hesitation from her, we decided a gas powered kart would be more enjoyable for years to come. Now trying to find a kart in the dead of winter in my area is impossible so I had to take the path to the left and ended up with two used karts for $350.00 (I hope I got a good deal.)

Both karts are two seaters. The larger is a Murray GT60101X92D with a Tecumseh engine. The smaller one is a Red Talon model 24995 with a B&S model# 136212. Be prepared for a million questions as I’m going to attempt to refurbish both of them and give my daughter the smaller one to keep. I'm currently looking for wheels and tires for the Red Talon so if anyone has any suggestions.

I'll post pictures of the Red Talon in teardown once my account is approved.
shake this
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Shake this, welcome to GKRU, you got a good deal on the two holster. Your daughter is going to love the talon, it's a great hobby for you and your daughter. Feel free to ask questions we have a bunch of great gokarters on here that can help you out. Wait till the addictions kicks in! Have fun
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby shake this » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:39 pm

shake this
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Judging from the picture you have a good candidate for a restoration. Is that the way you got the kart or are you taking it apart? Here is a parts breakdown for TalonParts breakdown, if you need anything else feel free to ask.

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby shake this » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 am

The only thing I removed before taking the pictures was the seat and roll cage. Other then that, it's pretty much how it looked when I pulled it from the guys yard. It's cleaning up real nice so I think everything will be ok. Thanks for the parts breakdown, it's helped in keeping things in order.
shake this
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BlackScorpion » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:29 pm

shake this wrote:The only thing I removed before taking the pictures was the seat and roll cage. Other then that, it's pretty much how it looked when I pulled it from the guys yard. It's cleaning up real nice so I think everything will be ok. Thanks for the parts breakdown, it's helped in keeping things in order.

Your welcome. If you need anything else just ask I might have it on My Site, feel free to stop in..

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Return to New Members