turning radius

Our Forum Info/Updates and how to use this site

turning radius

Postby sdittmer » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:33 pm

First time 3203 owner-used. The turning radius is very wide and wants to "push" through a turn. Any ideas on how to correct this? Also, the square "keys" were not inserted into the wheel/drive shaft, after doing so is there a need put the lug nut back on or will the key keep all in place. Not sure of the best way to get that key back out. It is in pretty tight.
sdittmer

Postby hd4ou » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:35 am

the turning issue you have is due to the fact that the front end is much lighter than the rear end therefore not much weight the help the tires get a bite. especially if your cart has the original turf saver tires. bout the only thing you can do is replace the tires with a more aggressive tread tire like a knobby tire and still that wont eliminate the issue but it will help. as for the axle nut, yes it needs to be on there to keep the tire from sliding off the axle. even though you say its tight it will slide off. Taking the wheel off is the only way to remove that key. if you had the wheel off and installed the square key then might i suggest you take the wheels back off and use some sort of anti seize on the axle and key for easier removal down the line. if you don't then that wheel will rust to the axle and make things difficult when it comes time to remove it for whatever reason like replacing the bearings, sprocket or what have ya. Also there is a specific category for Yerf Dog carts {flaxulation} down the forum page. next time post your questions there and also jump in there and read the other post as there are a lot of good info in there about your 3203. there is also another category that is specifically for the engine that you cart has on it which if its the original one should be a 6.5 hp Tecumseh. good luck and congrats on your new cart. have fun and be safe.

not sure why the word (flaxulation) is showing up in there but i didn't put it there and when i try to edit and delete it it doesn't appear. KJ?? scratching
hd4ou
Team Member
Team Member

thanks

Postby sdittmer » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:39 pm

hd4ou, thank you very much for the advice on both the cart and the forum. I greatly appreciate it.
sdittmer

Return to PowerSports Forum News