Torque belt I think its called?

Old forum threads that should be buried... lie here!

Torque belt I think its called?

Postby prairiedog » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm

Im sorry for the lack of information in this thread. My sisters dad just bought her kids a Subaru Vortex 169cc 6.5hp go cart. Im not sure if this is the correct sub forum to ask this question but if it isnt point me in the right direction. I was driving it and it came to a dramatic stop. I took off one of the covers only to find that the ?torque? belt was chewed up. Im not sure if im calling this belt the right thing but its the one that connects the shaft from the engine to the belt that turns the axle. My question is how do this belt go back on. The top shaft has a circular piece that does move but I dont know how the belt fits on the two shafts. Pictures or diagrams would help ALOT because as you can see I dont have the slightest clue what most of this stuff is. If this isnt the right area tell me where to post this up at. Thanks for the help.
prairiedog

Postby Red-85-Z51 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:18 pm

Your sister's Dad....that would be your dad...no?
Red-85-Z51
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby prairiedog » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:25 pm

Half sisters dad, as in we have different dads.
prairiedog

Postby Red-85-Z51 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:29 pm

prairiedog wrote:Half sisters dad, as in we have different dads.

oh....

Belt is called a Torque Convertor belt.

The pulley on the engine is called the Driver, The one on the jacksahft is called the Driven.

If the belt is damaged at all, I mean AT ALL, it will not work properly, if at all.

You will need to replace the belt with a new one of the proper size and style.

The belt will have 1 side that is beveled, and one that is flat. The flat side goes agaisnt the side of the pulley next to the engine, and the beveled side goes against the side of the pully away from the engine.

They fail from regular use, but are not fond of HEAT caused by stop and go riding, or oil.
Red-85-Z51
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby Offroadkarter » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:49 pm

Sounds like a manco kart, if it is, look into the Manco 5959 that the GokartsRus store stocks, have 2 and after a year and a half, im still on my first one. They are taller than the OEM belt, and flex more. And for 20+ dollars, its a great price to.
2004 Manco 906C

2005 Blade 150GT w/ 2006 modified motor
Offroadkarter
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Postby KJ » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:24 am

Offroadkarter wrote:Sounds like a manco kart, if it is, look into the Manco <A href="http://http://gokartsrus.com/5959-torque-converter-belt-30s-203589-27-4-oc-203589.html" target="_blank">5959</A> that the GokartsRus store stocks, have 2 and after a year and a half, im still on my first one. They are taller than the OEM belt, and flex more. And for 20+ dollars, its a great price to.

Offy is right on (again?) we may have to give him a crackerjack surprise or something!

WAIT on the Manco 5959 until it goes on our Hot Summer Sale List! Shoudl be any day now... it will be $21 and will be the power-torque version (the one Offy is talking about).

Just click on the 5959 to see if it made the "hot summer Sale" price yet...
We take it from all directions...
gokartsRus | go-kartsRus | gocartsRus | go-cartsRus
KJ
Administrator
Administrator

Ride: BMW K1600 GT-Sport

Postby prairiedog » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks for the help guys, I got the TC belt off and it was the 5959 that was on there. About half of the teeth were missing on it. I went to TSC and got a new Manco 5959 belt for like $20. Put it on w/o trouble and it runs alot better. Before the new belt it would rev through all of the missing teeth then jerk real bad when it hit the good part of the belt. Much better now. Thanks
prairiedog

Postby KJ » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:04 am

Tractor Supply only has the standard Comet OEM 5959, you should have got the HP belt for only a buck more (but at least you got one).
We take it from all directions...
gokartsRus | go-kartsRus | gocartsRus | go-cartsRus
KJ
Administrator
Administrator

Ride: BMW K1600 GT-Sport

Return to Graveyard