New owner of a Manco 707C-01 / XTK 7 - No air filter?

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

New owner of a Manco 707C-01 / XTK 7 - No air filter?

Postby gr2659 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Hello....

I'm a new owner of a Manco 707C with a 7HP Subaru/Robin motor. Quick question - is it normal that there is no air filter on this thing?

The air box seems very tight but it really seems like there should at least be some kind of foam filter or something, mine is wide open where it looks like there should maybe be a thin rectangular filter.

It was idling pretty roughly, I took apart and cleaned the carb and it is a lot smoother but it doesn't seem right to run this thing without an air filter.

I tried searching the forum (and the internet at large) and can't really figure out if these things have a filter (and if so what size/type to order to replace mine).

If I need to buy a new one, am I better off with an aftermarket solution of some sort?

Thanks in advance!
gr2659

Ride: Manco 707C-01 XTK 7

Re: New owner of a Manco 707C-01 / XTK 7 - No air filter?

Postby BlackScorpion » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:20 pm

gr2659 wrote:Hello....

I'm a new owner of a Manco 707C with a 7HP Subaru/Robin motor. Quick question - is it normal that there is no air filter on this thing?

The air box seems very tight but it really seems like there should at least be some kind of foam filter or something, mine is wide open where it looks like there should maybe be a thin rectangular filter.

It was idling pretty roughly, I took apart and cleaned the carb and it is a lot smoother but it doesn't seem right to run this thing without an air filter.

I tried searching the forum (and the internet at large) and can't really figure out if these things have a filter (and if so what size/type to order to replace mine).

If I need to buy a new one, am I better off with an aftermarket solution of some sort?

Thanks in advance!

If it has the original Briggs engine it should have an air cleaner. you can find the Parts Manuals here. You really shouldn't run the engine witout the air filter it will mess up the carb, with all that stuff flying into it not to mention clogging it up with what ever gets in there.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies