New brakes for the Intruder II

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

New brakes for the Intruder II

Postby davco » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Hey all,

I have recently purchased a used Intruder II (616-617)for my son. It seems like a great machine but the stopping power is pretty weak. I'd like to replace the pads but that part has been discontinued....along with everything else. So here is my question: What have you guys used to replace brakes on these Karts? I see plenty of different caliper combinations with pads and without. I've seen the 3759 and 9597. Which of these are preferred? Or something else?

I can order parts and just try to guess and throw things at this kart but I'm hoping that this is a common question with a straightforward answer.

Thanks
davco

Ride: Manco Intruder 2

Re: New brakes for the Intruder II

Postby BlackScorpion » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:35 pm

davco wrote:Hey all,

I have recently purchased a used Intruder II (616-617)for my son. It seems like a great machine but the stopping power is pretty weak. I'd like to replace the pads but that part has been discontinued....along with everything else. So here is my question: What have you guys used to replace brakes on these Karts? I see plenty of different caliper combinations with pads and without. I've seen the 3759 and 9597. Which of these are preferred? Or something else?

I can order parts and just try to guess and throw things at this kart but I'm hoping that this is a common question with a straightforward answer.

Thanks

I hope this might help you out 616-617 Parts Manual
As to where to buy, well that would be up to you, You can try Customer Service see if they can help/direct you to where to purchase.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby davco » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks for the advice but I've done both. Customer service pointed me to the forums and the parts manual doesn't list a part number for the caliper as a whole. I ended up ordering new pads that I will install on the current caliper. We will see how it goes.
davco

Ride: Manco Intruder 2

Postby BlackScorpion » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:42 pm

davco wrote:Thanks for the advice but I've done both. Customer service pointed me to the forums and the parts manual doesn't list a part number for the caliper as a whole. I ended up ordering new pads that I will install on the current caliper. We will see how it goes.

Ok, Let us know how you make out. You might consider modifying some hydraulics brakes for it in the future.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies