upgrading torque convertor

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

upgrading torque convertor

Postby papasmurf » Sun May 05, 2019 9:50 pm

OK! Let's try this again. I have a older model Manco Dingo, not sure exactly the model, That has a old symmetrical driven pulley. No engine or driver unit.I want to upgrade to a 30 series asymmetrical torque convertor, and I'll be using the 212cc Predator engine. This kart has the driven pulley mounted to the jackshaft turned to the righthand side of the kart. Can I mount the driven pulley on the jackshaft in the opposite direction,keeping the nonmovable sheaves aligned, without any problems, or will I have to put a reverse spring in the driven pulley? please any help would be most valuble,as it is a gift for two grandaughters. Thank you, Keith.
papasmurf
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: Manco Dingo

Re: upgrading torque convertor

Postby BlackScorpion » Mon May 06, 2019 4:54 pm

When you buy a Torque converter kit it comes with everything you need, you'll end up removing the old items to replace it with the new ones. Image
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Re: upgrading torque convertor

Postby papasmurf » Mon May 06, 2019 5:19 pm

I understand this but my Kart has a older model 20 series symmetrical convertor and I want to upgrade to a 30 series asymmetrical convertor. A lot of the parts are no longer available FOR THE CONVERTOR ON IT NOW. The problem i have is the current one on the kart now has the drive pulley facing the left side while the driven pulley is facing the right side. you cannot do this with a 30 series convertor as the sides of the drive and driven are different and they have to be installed matching. My current drive pulley is installed on the inboard side of the jack shaft. My question is, can I install either the driver or the driven in the opposite intended direction so the angles match up on the drive and driven pulleys?
papasmurf
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: Manco Dingo

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies