Manco 285-18 Clutch Questions

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

Manco 285-18 Clutch Questions

Postby REPO » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:59 pm

I just picked up an old Manco Dingo for my son. The clutches appear to be worn out and sticking. I’d like to replace both the drive and driven units. It does currently drive, but is jerky. The problem I have, is that going through all the parts sites and exploded view parts diagrams, is that it appears my clutches are either different, or installed incorrectly? The engine is a Kohler 6.5 hp. Have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. I was considering buying one of the complete clutch kits with the backing plate that the secondary clutch mounts on. However, the current setup has the secondary mounted on its own shaft and support housing. Will this interfere with the new setup?
REPO

Ride: Manco Dingo 285-18

Re: Manco 285-18 Clutch Questions

Postby REPO » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:10 pm

FD85D78A-D6C8-4FC6-BC4C-C6BD933BC0A6.jpeg
REPO

Ride: Manco Dingo 285-18

Re: Manco 285-18 Clutch Questions

Postby BlackScorpion » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:02 pm

REPO wrote:I just picked up an old Manco Dingo for my son. The clutches appear to be worn out and sticking. I’d like to replace both the drive and driven units. It does currently drive, but is jerky. The problem I have, is that going through all the parts sites and exploded view parts diagrams, is that it appears my clutches are either different, or installed incorrectly? The engine is a Kohler 6.5 hp. Have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. I was considering buying one of the complete clutch kits with the backing plate that the secondary clutch mounts on. However, the current setup has the secondary mounted on its own shaft and support housing. Will this interfere with the new setup?

I would recommend replacing it with the same torque converter, if i'm not mistaken that either the 20 or 30 series driver unit. THey have themHere. If you call the parts Department they will assist you with what you need.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies