Manco XTK-706B will not drive

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

Manco XTK-706B will not drive

Postby Gokartguy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:03 pm

I picked up a manco xtk-706b with a 6.5hp robin engine and it was running fine for several weeks. All of a sudden it will not drive the belt on the clutch and torque converter. I have replaced all 3 but am still having issues. I got it to spin the wheels when I had the rear wheels jacked off the ground, but after rolling it into the driveway and trying to drive it it will not accelerate. Any ideas? I am new to go karts and this is my first one.
Gokartguy

Ride: Manco xtk-706b

Re: Manco XTK-706B will not drive

Postby BlackScorpion » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:43 pm

Gokartguy wrote:I picked up a manco xtk-706b with a 6.5hp robin engine and it was running fine for several weeks. All of a sudden it will not drive the belt on the clutch and torque converter. I have replaced all 3 but am still having issues. I got it to spin the wheels when I had the rear wheels jacked off the ground, but after rolling it into the driveway and trying to drive it it will not accelerate. Any ideas? I am new to go karts and this is my first one.
First, when you say you replaced all three, what do you mean, you either have a TC or clutch, i'm gonna assume you have aTorque Converter since you have a belt. Double check the belt some have to go on in a specific direction, see if the belt has an arrow showing the direction. ALso if you can post a picture of the torque converter and belt as it sits on the kart. See if this helps : https://youtu.be/w_0qStxyMfA
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies