poughkeepsie

Competition Go-Kart Racing...

poughkeepsie

Postby poughkeepsieracer » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:25 pm

i ahev been racing at poughkeepsie for a while, but does ne1 have know some solid chasis numbers or tire pressures to run or stagger etc. or even gears to run, thnx.

we do have a working setup there, but your car can never be fast enough there is always something to do to it
Ya i'm a southern man, country boy, i been called lotsa things, i love goin fast, huntin, fishin and doin all kinda things, they call me a redneck i rekon that i am, i fly the rebel flag an american flag, heritage not hate. an if ya dont like it tuf
poughkeepsieracer
Team Member
Team Member

poughkeepsie

Postby kewlman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:48 pm

this is not answering your question sorry but... you race at poughkeepsie speedway? how many people usually show up for those events? thanks
"Because Fun Shouldn't Be Expensive!"
KillerMinis
kewlman

Postby The tech guy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:30 am

What chassis are you running? What #s do you have now? Can you give details of the track?
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Re: poughkeepsie

Postby poughkeepsieracer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:05 pm

kewlman wrote:this is not answering your question sorry but... you race at poughkeepsie speedway? how many people usually show up for those events? thanks

sry if i didn't get back for a while, i been kinda buisy :), it depends on the class, some ppl run in there oown 1 person clases jus for =seat time, and don't worry, i don't need the question answered nemore, im not a rookie there nemore :) but in the division i raced in, only 3 ppl showed up, me and two other ppl, but in the box stock animal division, there where atleast 78-10 ppl

no, i cannot give u my numbers :) u race there??? the trackis a 1/5mile, i track corners are banked at 8 degrees, the straights are at 4 degrees, really fast track, i hit about sixty there, no let off full throttle all the time, i can't tell u numbers, but i can tell you wut should appear on ur tack, 200 F heat and abuot 6.0-6.5 RPMS if u r in that range, you are running good ratios
Ya i'm a southern man, country boy, i been called lotsa things, i love goin fast, huntin, fishin and doin all kinda things, they call me a redneck i rekon that i am, i fly the rebel flag an american flag, heritage not hate. an if ya dont like it tuf
poughkeepsieracer
Team Member
Team Member

Postby The tech guy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:48 am

Get it on some scales. Try 60% cross 47% nose and 55% left side. I would go with 6# in right and 5# in left. Is your caster/camber adjustable? Rear track around 39"
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby poughkeepsieracer » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:57 pm

bmitech guy wrote:Get it on some scales. Try 60% cross 47% nose and 55% left side. I would go with 6# in right and 5# in left. Is your caster/camber adjustable? Rear track around 39"

u race there man??? cus those are some good starting numbers, u wouldn't b tom weiglt would ya???
poughkeepsieracer
Team Member
Team Member

Postby poughkeepsieracer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:18 am

bmitech guy wrote:Get it on some scales. Try 60% cross 47% nose and 55% left side. I would go with 6# in right and 5# in left. Is your caster/camber adjustable? Rear track around 39"

dude, do you race there man, those are some good numbers, we don't use them, we have modified them a bit but that is the starting point everyone told us to start at...
poughkeepsieracer
Team Member
Team Member

Postby The tech guy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:33 am

Ive never been there. I race and build chassis! Im the builder of the Predator racing chassis. The #s I gave you are basic starting points for almost any kart. You just fine tune it from there!
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby poughkeepsieracer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:42 pm

bmitech guy wrote:Ive never been there. I race and build chassis! Im the builder of the Predator racing chassis. The #s I gave you are basic starting points for almost any kart. You just fine tune it from there!

you know alot man, you should try it out, work your way up to the stockcars, im trying to work my way up to whelens that is pretty much as far as u go unless you know some1 or have a huuuge@$$ sponsership, so the whelen is pretty much as high as u can go, i still am going to try to make it there though im not positive but i think we may have a predator chasis some
poughkeepsieracer
Team Member
Team Member

Return to Racing Go-Karts