Vanguard Performance mods

Competition Go-Kart Racing...

Vanguard Performance mods

Postby GMAC » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:56 pm

Hi ya'll... I need some help... I need to know who to talk to about performance mods to a Briggs Vanguard 35... I know Al Hodges is considered one of the best but there's an issue using him... He's signed an exclusivity contract with my competitor and can no longer provide mods for us...

My question.... Who else is at the top when it comes to performace mods for Briggs engines?..

Thanks in advance
GMAC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The tech guy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:44 pm

If you go to 4cycle.com look for Bob Vehring. He lives in Wisconsin. Hes about the best in the USA when it comes to Briggs motors. Mainly smaller motors, but Im sure he can steer you in the right direction.
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby Offroadkarter » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:53 pm

i know comp cams makes cams and valves for briggs

http://www.compgoparts.com/
2004 Manco 906C

2005 Blade 150GT w/ 2006 modified motor
Offroadkarter
Trusted Source
Trusted Source

Postby GMAC » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:02 pm

Thanks for the input guys.. If you can think of anyone else I can contact I would greatly appreciate it..
GMAC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mikesaskater » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:19 pm

i think im going to donate my hamster to u
mikesaskater
Team Member
Team Member

Postby The tech guy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:34 pm

Man your ate up dude! lol
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Re: Vanguard Performance mods

Postby poughkeepsieracer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:17 pm

GMAC wrote:Hi ya'll... I need some help... I need to know who to talk to about performance mods to a Briggs Vanguard 35... I know Al Hodges is considered one of the best but there's an issue using him... He's signed an exclusivity contract with my competitor and can no longer provide mods for us...

My question.... Who else is at the top when it comes to performace mods for Briggs engines?..

Thanks in advance

i have never heard of that engine, i think it is pretty old... sry to put it down like that but if i were you, i would get a raptor engine (like i have) or the newest top f the line animal engine, both are by briggs and stratton and both are raceable at all places, the animal engine has higher compression because it has a dome shaped valve or soemthing like that... i can't remember right now, sry bout that, the animal produces i eblieve 10hpo box stock and the raptor produces about 8 i think. they are both great engines, the raptor is going out of style though, so get an animal, you don't really need to do nething to them, you can get clutch upgrades, airfilters etc. but box stock they r pretty high performance. briggs and stratton is a great brand
Ya i'm a southern man, country boy, i been called lotsa things, i love goin fast, huntin, fishin and doin all kinda things, they call me a redneck i rekon that i am, i fly the rebel flag an american flag, heritage not hate. an if ya dont like it tuf
poughkeepsieracer
Team Member
Team Member

Postby GMAC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:18 pm

LOL... It's not an old engine.. In fact Briggs just did the design for the 36HP vertical shaft.. The 35HP horizontal shaft has been out for about 3 years now.. The Raptor or Animal line have nothing on this engine.. These are 993cc v-twins and can be tweaked in excess of 60HP fairly easy.. Alcohol will get them over 70HP and nitro will push them even {flaxulation} but they want to implode on that stuff over time.. lol

If anyone has any ideas, I'm still looking..

Thanks
GMAC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The tech guy » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:12 pm

www.hardcoreminichoppers.com find Seth. He will know someone. Hes from California and knows alot of guys out there that put these pigs on minis.Ive got an animal myself and love it, but its got nothing on this vanguard for sure! Im not sure what Poskiepie was thinking.
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby GMAC » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:26 am

Thank you for the reply and information.. I'll give him a call..
GMAC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby got2win » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:34 pm

maybe we can HELP you get faster, check out our website www.wnow.net/secoracingengines - we will be glad to answer any questions you have
"if your not with us,your against us"
got2win

Postby GMAC » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:06 pm

got2win wrote:maybe we can HELP you get faster, check out our website www.wnow.net/secoracingengines - we will be glad to answer any questions you have

Ok.. Whatcha got in mind?.. I went to your website but all I see is info about the little engines.. What can you do for the big blocks?
GMAC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The tech guy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 am

GMAC Have you tried to chime in and find Bob Vehring? Im sure he will know who to contact for you. The man is willing to help anyone. Hes in with Briggs Motorsports. He does most of there research for them.
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby GMAC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:09 pm

I've talked to Bob serveral times but he's at a loss when it comes to these big block motors.. The only guy he knows of his Al Hodges... I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out now.. Crane is doing the cam, I've got the pistons spec'd out and I found shop that can make the billet conencting rods and push rods.. Heads have been ported and polished and I found roller rockers for it... I think I've got it all covered unless someone else has any other ideas..
GMAC
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The tech guy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:55 am

Ok cool. Im glad he had something for you. The man is very knowledgable on motors. If he pulls you aside at a show he can talk you blue in the face on motors!
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Return to Racing Go-Karts