just got a gokart for the kids

Competition Go-Kart Racing...

just got a gokart for the kids

Postby terry_tyme » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:54 pm

I just got a gokart for my kids its a 2 seated I noticed today it don't seem to like going up hill much at all I'm wondering there's something wrong or if its just not made to go up hill because I see videos on YouTube of these silverfoxs and there hill climbing and spinning the tires but this one only seems to go good on flat ground....is it broken?
terry_tyme

Ride: silver fox

Re: just got a gokart for the kids

Postby gofastman » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Welcome to the forum. The ability of all karts depends on the drive system. For instance a one wheel drive kart. These karts use a centrifugal clutch with a chain to that one wheel. Take off and climbing power are extremely limited. Torque converters are the best for this application. They use a belt drive. What setup do you have?
Fix things even if they are not broke. Its called UPGRADES!!
tease
gofastman

Ride: Murray Explorer

Postby ajkirton » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:10 am

You have a silverfox, it is a solid axle setup with a comet 20 /30 hybrid of sorts. It should have the subaru robin 6.5 hp motor.

That motor should have no issue going up a hill. You may need to verify that you have the correct belt on the TC, and also verify that the motor is receiving the correct amount of fuel. You can pull the plug to find this. White is too lean, black is too rich, and a nice tan is good.

Another thing to look at is the previous owner may have limited the throttle using the throttle stop screw located on the throttle linkage. In my experience with that motor, it should be plenty powerful to climb a hill.

The correct belt for that kart is a 5959 / 203589
Great......another hobby is just what I need.
ajkirton
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: Manco Silver Fox

Postby BlackScorpion » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:27 pm

ajkirton wrote:You have a silverfox, it is a solid axle setup with a comet 20 /30 hybrid of sorts. It should have the subaru robin 6.5 hp motor.

That motor should have no issue going up a hill. You may need to verify that you have the correct belt on the TC, and also verify that the motor is receiving the correct amount of fuel. You can pull the plug to find this. White is too lean, black is too rich, and a nice tan is good.

Another thing to look at is the previous owner may have limited the throttle using the throttle stop screw located on the throttle linkage. In my experience with that motor, it should be plenty powerful to climb a hill.

The correct belt for that kart is a <A href="http://www.gokartsrus.com/5959-belt-30s-203589-274-oc-p-1876.html" target="_blank">5959</A> / 203589

Very well put ajkirton, You should know that model by now since you own one. :toothy8:
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby gofastman » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:28 am

BlackScorpion wrote:
ajkirton wrote:You have a silverfox, it is a solid axle setup with a comet 20 /30 hybrid of sorts. It should have the subaru robin 6.5 hp motor.

The correct belt for that kart is a <A href="http://www.gokartsrus.com/5959-belt-30s-203589-274-oc-p-1876.html" target="_blank">5959</A> / 203589

Very well put ajkirton, You should know that model by now since you own one. :toothy8:

what he said :dontknow:
Fix things even if they are not broke. Its called UPGRADES!!
tease
gofastman

Ride: Murray Explorer

Return to Racing Go-Karts