2000 Dinli 90 Race CDI - No Electric Start Problem

Anything Dinli (aka Cobra Power Sports)

2000 Dinli 90 Race CDI - No Electric Start Problem

Postby bronco2 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:53 pm

Hi,
I purchased a Takemori ELE-002-00-CD High Performance CDI Ignition JOG 50 from an online store. The dealer I got it from said that it would work with my JOG 90 motor, and it does. Except that it only works with the key in the OFF position, and the electric start won't work with the key off. The dealer said that there was a wiring diagram available to make the electric start work with the race cdi, but he never gave it to me. My son cannot kick start it on his own, so it is very necessary to have the electric start. Is there anyway someone can help me rewire this so the cdi works with the key ON?
Thanks
bronco2

Postby suprbean » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:29 pm

well you must have messed the electrical up somehow because changing the CDI is farely easy...just take out the old one and put in the new one....the only thing i cant think of is that the wiring is messed up
suprbean
NEW 2006 BLADE DX in RED!!!!!
Mods...eastside exhaust, uni, ignition coil, cdi, prodigy clutch and bell, 1500 spring, 9 gram rollers, vapor speedo, blade lights, chrome fan
more to come
suprbean
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby bronco2 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:39 pm

The CDI was a direct plug in, all the wires were the same colors as the stock one. But it was designed for the 50, which doesn't have electric start or a key switch, so there's something different in the way the cdi is wired to the quad, only I don't know what.
bronco2

Postby suprbean » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:51 am

hmm....if the wiring is different then i would stick with the original cdi that you have....just to be safe.
suprbean
NEW 2006 BLADE DX in RED!!!!!
Mods...eastside exhaust, uni, ignition coil, cdi, prodigy clutch and bell, 1500 spring, 9 gram rollers, vapor speedo, blade lights, chrome fan
more to come
suprbean
Superior Being
Superior Being

Return to Dinli ATVs