Centrifugal Clutch

TQ / TAV Clutching

Centrifugal Clutch

Postby Firefighter241154 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:24 pm

My son has a Chinese for kart that we just put a predator engine on with a centrifugal clutch. It has a 420 chain I am looking for recommendations on the best clutch to put on there he had one from amazon I believe call brevodix not sure that’s right but anyway with 180 lbs on the cart the clutch got so hot it was glowing red. Looking for on that would pull that weight or more or is their a better system than the clutch? Thanks
Firefighter241154

Ride: Chinese go kart

Re: Centrifugal Clutch

Postby BlackScorpion » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Firefighter241154 wrote:My son has a Chinese for kart that we just put a predator engine on with a centrifugal clutch. It has a 420 chain I am looking for recommendations on the best clutch to put on there he had one from amazon I believe call brevodix not sure that’s right but anyway with 180 lbs on the cart the clutch got so hot it was glowing red. Looking for on that would pull that weight or more or is their a better system than the clutch? Thanks

Honestly i would replace the clutch and put a Torque converter on it. The clutch will eventually burn out and need replacing , with a TC, you would only replace a belt. BTW which Predator engine did you install? I have used and would highly recommend this one. TAV2 You might want to search the internet for a better price, here is a couple of knock offs on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Afte ... B01KKIJCOG

BTW welcome to the GKRU Forums.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Torque Converters & Clutches