Sears Fun-Kart

Manco & American SportWorks GoKarts, Buggies, Scooters, Mini-Bikes

Sears Fun-Kart

Postby mudbugntx » Wed May 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi everyone. I'm fixing up my old Kart to pass along to my son. I'm trying to find a pattern to remake the stickers on the belly pan and parts for the motor and driveline. Any help would be appreciated. I believe these were produced by Manco based on the parts but correct me if I am wrong.

Info on the kart:
Sears: Fun-Kart
Model: 391.80740
Engine: 5HP Tecumseh HS50-67208D
Year: 1986

1. The Kart was Red with a sticker on the belly pan that said Hot-Two-Male. It was a sticker of a tamale with 4 wheels on it. I am trying to see is anyone has a picture of the sticker or the actual sticker so I can have one made.

2. I have sourced most from the engine parts from Tecumseh. Do you recommend any other places to order parts? (carb kit, points, condenser, air filter)

3. Where do you recommend buying the chain, sprocket and clutch from?

4. The chain is listed in the manual as a #35-71. I know the pitch is 35 which is 3/8" but I'm not sure what the 71 is. Any ideas?

5. Any ideas on where I can find decals after repainting the motor?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.
Attachments
IMG_4588_002.jpg
mudbugntx

Ride: Sears

Re: Sears Fun-Kart

Postby BlackScorpion » Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 pm

You should be able to find most of the parts for the motor and drive line, on-line, You can call Customer Service, at Customer Service Click on contact us button on top of menu.. They should be able to help you or direct you to the right location. As for the decals, well that's a tough one since those karts are discontinued, only chance of obtaining them is if someone has an unused set. Or you can have a vinyl shop create some for you.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to American SportWorks / Manco Go-Karts & Buggies